Blood donation stays important amid COVID-19 pandemic
Dallas-Fort Value, Texas (March 8, 2021) — A 12 months in the past, many issues on the planet paused as a result of COVID-19 pandemic. However the want for blood by no means stopped. In the present day blood donations are simply as important, and the American Crimson Cross urges people who’re wholesome to make an appointment to donate blood.
For sufferers within the emergency room, combating most cancers or dealing with a life-threatening sickness, assist can’t wait. Their well being is reliant on the selfless generosity of blood donors. Nevertheless, the blood provide continues to face challenges from the continued pandemic and excessive winter climate that impacted a lot of the U.S. final month.
Extra donors, particularly these with kind O blood, are wanted now to make sure that sufferers have lifesaving blood merchandise obtainable for emergencies and on a regular basis medical therapies. Schedule a blood donation appointment by downloading the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting RedCrossBlood.org, calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or enabling the Blood Donor Ability on any Alexa Echo system.
March is Crimson Cross Month, and the Crimson Cross is celebrating blood donors for stepping as much as meet the fixed want for blood amid the pandemic. In thanks for being an important a part of the group’s lifesaving mission, all who come to present March 15-26 will obtain an unique Crimson Cross T-shirt, whereas provides final.
Essential COVID-19 info for donors
The Crimson Cross is testing blood, platelet and plasma donations for COVID-19 antibodies. The check might point out if the donor’s immune system has produced antibodies to this coronavirus, no matter whether or not a person developed COVID-19 signs. Testing may additionally establish the presence of antibodies developed after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine. Crimson Cross antibody exams shall be useful to establish people who’ve COVID-19 antibodies and should now assist present coronavirus sufferers in want of convalescent plasma transfusions. Convalescent plasma is a sort of blood donation collected from COVID-19 survivors which have antibodies which will assist sufferers who’re actively combating the virus. Plasma from complete blood donations that check constructive for prime ranges of COVID-19 antibodies could also be used to assist COVID-19 sufferers.
COVID-19 antibody check outcomes shall be obtainable inside one to 2 weeks within the Crimson Cross Blood Donor App or donor portal at RedCrossBlood.org. A constructive antibody check end result doesn’t affirm an infection or immunity. The Crimson Cross is just not testing donors to diagnose sickness, known as a diagnostic check. To guard the well being and security of Crimson Cross employees and donors, it is necessary that people who don’t really feel nicely or imagine they might be unwell with COVID-19 postpone donation.
Every Crimson Cross blood drive and donation middle follows the best requirements of security and an infection management, and further precautions – together with temperature checks, social distancing and face coverings for donors and employees – have been carried out to assist defend the well being of all these in attendance. Donors are requested to schedule an appointment previous to arriving on the drive and are required to put on a face overlaying or masks whereas on the drive, in alignment with Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention public steerage.
Upcoming blood donation alternatives March 15-31
- 3/12/2021: 12 p.m. – 6 p.m., Lowe’s Dallas, 6011 Lemmon Avenue
- 3/13/2021: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 10701 E. Lake Highland Dr.
- 3/14/2021: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., St Luke United Methodist Church Youth Constructing, 5710 E R L Thornton Fwy,
- 3/14/2021: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., American Crimson Cross Dallas Chapter, 2055 Kendall Dr.
- 3/15/2021: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., American Crimson Cross Dallas Chapter, 2055 Kendall Dr.
- 3/16/2021: 12 p.m. – 6 p.m., Lakewood United Methodist Church, 2443 Abrams Rd
- 3/17/2021: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Trammell Crow Middle, 2010 Flora Avenue
- 3/17/2021: 11:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Toyota of Dallas, 2610 Forest Lane
- 3/18/2021: 8 a.m. – 2 p.m., Foundry Industrial, 8144 Walnut Hill Ln., Ste. 120
- 3/20/2021: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Glen Oaks United Methodist Church, 4606 S Polk St
- 3/23/2021: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Lovers Lane United Methodist Church, 9200 Inwood Highway
- 3/23/2021: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., The Department Church, 3035 Valley View Lane
- 3/25/2021: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Sons of Hermann Corridor, 3414 Elm St
- 3/25/2021: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Reserve at White Rock Lake, 9215 Garland Rd
- 3/26/2021: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., AT&T Performing Arts Middle, 2403 Flora St
- 3/26/2021: 12:30 p.m. – 6 p.m., Outlets at Hillside Village, 6465 Mockingbird Lane
- 3/27/2021: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints – Halfway, 9509 Halfway Rd
- 3/27/2021: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., The Golf equipment of Prestonwood – The Creek, 15909 Preston Highway
- 3/29/2021: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 14740 Meandering Means
3/22/2021: 12 p.m. – 5:30 p.m., The Village United Methodist Church, 1121 E Wintergreen rd
3/18/2021: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Grand Prairie, 2010 South Service Parkway
- 3/25/2021: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., Factor Resort North DFW/Irving, 3550 Freeway 635
- 3/30/2021: 1 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Trusted ER Valley Ranch, 8200 N. MacArthur Blvd., Suite 100
3/13/2021: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., FUMC Lancaster, 201 S Dallas Ave
3/14/2021: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., First United Methodist Church Midlothian, 800 S. ninth Avenue
3/27/2021: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Crimson Oak Hearth Station 1, 547 Methodist Avenue
- 3/11/2021: 12 p.m. – 6 p.m., Iglesia CAFE, 2200 E Park Row Dr.
- 3/18/2021: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., Fairfield by Marriott North Arlington, 2500 East Lamar Blvd
- 3/22/2021: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Lake Church, 2912 Little Rd.
- 3/25/2021: 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Cooper Avenue YMCA, 7120 S. Cooper Avenue
- 3/26/2021: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Bob Duncan Middle, 2800 S. Middle Avenue
- 3/30/2021: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Shady Valley Nation Membership, 4001 W Park Row Drive
- 3/12/2021: 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., St. Paul Lutheran Church, 1800 W. Freeway
- 3/13/2021: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., Kendra Scott, 5217 Marathon Avenue
- 3/16/2021: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., 81 Membership, 2525 Rodeo Plaza
- 3/19/2021: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Fort Value, 500 W. Bonds Ranch Highway
- 3/22/2021: 1 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Lowe’s Fort Value, 4305 Bryant Irvin Highway
- 3/23/2021: 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Steven Barber State Farm Company, 3530 NW Centre Dr., Ste. 163
- 3/25/2021: 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Turning Level Church, 10700 Previous Burleson Highway
- 3/11/2021: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Church on the Cross, 3000 William D Tate Av
- 3/19/2021: 10:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., Baylor Scott & White Medical Middle – Grapevine, 1650 West Faculty Avenue
- 3/24/2021: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North Grapevine, 2200 Bass Professional Drive
- 3/27/2021: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., KLM Roofing, 1702 Minters Chapel Rd Unit 104
- 3/28/2021: 8 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., Fellowship of the Parks – Grapevine, 1901 Corridor Johnson Highway
- 3/31/2021: 12 p.m. – 6 p.m., Embassy Suites DFW Airport North, 2401 Bass Professional Drive
- 3/13/2021: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Heritage Clubhouse, 9536 Courtright Dr
- 3/21/2021: 8 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., Fellowship of the Parks – Keller, 9900 N. Seashore Avenue
- 3/31/2021: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Northpark YMCA – YMCA of Fort Value, 9100 N. Seashore Avenue
3/30/2021: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Kids’s Well being StarCenter Mansfield, 1710 E. Broad Avenue
North Richland Hills
3/18/2021: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., Medical Metropolis North Hills, 4401 Sales space Calloway Highway
About blood donation
Merely obtain the American Crimson Cross Blood Donor App, go to RedCrossBlood.org, name 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or allow the Blood Donor Ability on any Alexa Echo system to make an appointment or for extra info. All blood varieties are wanted to make sure a dependable provide for sufferers. A blood donor card or driver’s license or two different types of identification are required at check-in. People who’re 17 years of age in most states (16 with parental consent the place allowed by state legislation), weigh a minimum of 110 kilos and are in typically good well being could also be eligible to donate blood. Highschool college students and different donors 18 years of age and youthful even have to satisfy sure peak and weight necessities.
Blood and platelet donors can save time at their subsequent donation through the use of RapidPass® to finish their pre-donation studying and well being historical past questionnaire on-line, on the day of their donation, earlier than arriving on the blood drive. To get began, comply with the directions at RedCrossBlood.org/RapidPass or use the Blood Donor App.