Survivors of the extreme winter storms in Texas could make it simpler to speak with FEMA by creating an internet account. You possibly can add paperwork and verify the standing of your utility from wherever with an web connection.
First, in case you have not utilized with FEMA, it’s possible you’ll both:
- Go to DisasterAssistance.gov; or
- Name the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585) 10 a.m. to six p.m. CST.
Wait instances for calling the Helpline could also be longer than typical. Please be affected person. Making use of on-line is faster.
To obtain the FEMA app:
- Apple gadgets: textual content APPLE to 43362;
- Android gadgets: textual content ANDROID to 43362;
Go to fema.gov/about/news-multimedia/app.
Making use of on-line or along with your FEMA app is simple and obtainable 24 hours a day.
To create an internet catastrophe help account:
After making use of, it’s possible you’ll keep on DisasterAssistance.gov to create a private on-line catastrophe help account to remain in contact with FEMA. To create one:
- Click on the inexperienced Test Standing button at backside of DisasterAssistance.gov.
- Click on the blue Create Account button at backside of web page.
- Enter your date of start and Social Safety quantity, which you supplied beforehand when making use of for help.
- Reply 4 safety questions which can be generated from public document information to confirm your id.
- Create a consumer ID and password.
- Enter an e mail handle. FEMA will ship a brief PIN to it inside 24 hours. Comply with the directions within the e mail to complete creating your account.
Should you want additional help:
To get assist with accessing your account or for misplaced or forgotten consumer ID, password or PIN, name the tech assist desk at 800-745-0243. It’s at all times open. You will have to supply your FEMA utility quantity and Social Safety quantity.
Assist desk workers can not create your on-line account nor present assist along with your FEMA account or utility; direct these inquiries to the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585). Name this quantity, too, to register for federal help consideration for those who don’t have a smartphone or on-line entry. The FEMA app might be downloaded for both Apple or Android gadgets.
Name the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585.) It’s obtainable 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. CST day by day.
For extra info on the extreme winter storms in Texas, go to fema.gov/catastrophe/4586. Comply with the FEMA Area 6 Twitter account at twitter.com/FEMARegion6.
Individuals whose first language just isn’t English could discover translations of this doc in different languages by utilizing the next fast hyperlinks on FEMA.gov: Arabic | Chinese language | English | Hindi | Korean | Spanish | Tagalog | Urdu | Vietnamese.
For issues and allegations of discrimination, please contact the Workplace of Equal Rights at headquarters at 202-212-3535 or [email protected]