The wait is over for senior residents in Grand Prairie. The Summit has formally reopened.
After virtually a yr, the work/actions heart, which caters to these age 50 and older, is as soon as once more working, albeit at a restricted capability. However the principle factor is it IS again open as of March 1.
“The Summit is thrilled to reopen for our members, and so they couldn’t be extra excited to get again within the constructing and start figuring out,” mentioned Summit Common Supervisor Daniel Cauthen. “The Summit is a really special place for energetic adults over the age of fifty, and our members had been keen and ready on the door on March 1. It has been just some days shy of a whole yr of being closed, and these members had been greater than able to be strolling on the monitor once more, figuring out on the health ground, or swimming laps within the pool.”
The membership opened in 2010. It’s membership had grown to over 5,500 members on the time of the 2020 closing.
And whereas Governor Greg Abbott has lifted the mask mandate in Texas, together with saying companies can reopen at 100%, Cauthen mentioned The Summit continues to be taking precautions nonetheless.
“We’re nonetheless working at a restricted capability and now extremely advocate masks as a substitute of requiring them. Temperatures are nonetheless being scanned on the door, and social distancing protocols are nonetheless in impact,” he mentioned.
And sure, the renovations are nonetheless taking place.
The record of renovations on the Summit consists of:
- New Summit emblem on the constructing that may be seen from 161.
- Parking zone added on SW facet of the constructing.
- Addition of 11 handicap parking areas nearer to the power.
- Freshly waxed flooring.
- Contemporary paint on natatorium entrances and beams.
- Hand rails within the vortex pool for simpler entry and exit.
- Males’s and girls’s sauna benches renovated and dry deck flooring put in.
- New intercom system.
- New Wings Theater A/V tools.
- Locker room, health ground, and athletic foyer locker doorways have been renovated.
- Software program improve to POS for memberships and leases.
- New compressors, HVAC items, and management system.
- New spa filter.
- Pool chemical storage moved to the outside constructing.
- New irrigation within the plant beds on the east facet of the power.
A second section may presumably embody private coaching, therapeutic massage remedy, social features akin to billiards, and instructor-led packages.
“We nonetheless plan to reopen on a phase-to-phase plan with no set timetable on after we will progress from one stage to the following,” Cauthen mentioned. “This will change, however for now we’re simply taking it sluggish and watching the lower in optimistic COVID numbers and enhance in vaccinations.”
For now, Cauthen mentioned an important factor is The Summit has reopened – and he, the employees and the members couldn’t be happier.
“Upon reopening, just a few members talked about ‘It seems like we’re dwelling once more,” and our employees couldn’t agree extra,” he mentioned. “Reopening has reignited these energetic adults’ motivation to not solely be wholesome, however to thrive and reside the perfect life they’ll.”