Bryan Hucabee In Custody After Overnight Standoff With Flower Mound Police


Bryan Hucabee mugshot
Mugshot courtesy Flower Mound Police

Account of Flower Mound Capturing By Police Chief Andy Kancel

Bryan Hucabee, 60, of Flower Mound, has been charged with three counts of felony aggravated assault with a lethal weapon in relation to the in a single day incident on Termaine Drive. Further prices are pending.

Flower Mound Police Chief Andy Kancel offered a press release to media this morning concerning the in a single day incident on Termaine Drive. A abstract of his assertion is under:

A Flower Mound man surrendered peacefully at 5:32 a.m. right now after taking pictures and injuring three Flower Mound law enforcement officials throughout a 10-hour standoff.

Officers initially responded to a 911 name at 7:04 p.m. on Wednesday from the suspect’s spouse, who had left the residence and referred to as from a neighbor’s residence to report her husband’s suicidal threats. Upon arrival to the 2900 block of Termaine Drive, officers tried to make contact with the 60-year-old male suspect, who was the only occupant of the house. Whereas officers had been making an attempt a welfare test at roughly 8:05 p.m., the suspect fired on them from inside the house, putting three Flower Mound officers.

Officers returned fireplace earlier than retreating to the perimeter

The primary officer’s ballistic protect was struck by a bullet, shattering the ballistic glass and inflicting damage. This officer, who has been with the division for 4 years, was transported to Medical Metropolis Lewisville and launched Wednesday night time.

The second officer was struck by bullet fragments within the neck, face, and shoulder areas, leading to non-life threatening accidents. This officer, who has been with the division for 14 years, was transported to Medical Metropolis Denton and launched Wednesday night time.

A 3rd officer, a 13-year veteran, was shot within the chest. His ballistic plate provider absorbed the influence of the bullet, leaving him unhurt. He was later transported to Medical Metropolis Lewisville for precautionary measures and launched.

We’re very blessed and grateful that the accidents to the officers weren’t extra extreme, and we’re grateful on your continued help.

Extra Photographs Fired at 2:30 am

Over the subsequent a number of hours of the standoff, Flower Mound Police and SWAT officers, together with Lewisville SWAT Crew members, utilized drones to watch the scene, tear gasoline to encourage the suspect to evacuate the residence, and deployed a robotic to aim to enter the premises to test on the topic. At roughly 2:30 a.m., the suspect started firing a number of rounds on the robotic and thru the entrance doorway of the residence. Neighbors had been evacuated from close by properties by armored car and brought off-site to a secure location.

After a number of hours of deployment, the Flower Mound and Lewisville Police Division SWAT Crew members had been relieved by the FBI SWAT Crew.

Suspect Was Not Harmed By Gunfire

FBI SWAT breached and fired a number of tear gasoline volleys into the residence. At 5:32 a.m., the suspect exited the residence, surrendered peacefully, and was taken into custody by FBI SWAT officers and turned over to the Flower Mound Police Division.
The suspect was handled on scene by Flower Mound Hearth Division medics and transported to the Flower Mound Presbyterian Hospital as a result of deployment of tear gasoline. The suspect was not struck in the course of the trade of gunfire with officers. Upon launch from the hospital, he shall be transported to the Flower Mound Jail to face prices. The investigation continues to be ongoing. We are going to launch the identification of the suspect as soon as we’ve accomplished the reserving course of.

I’m very happy with how my workforce, Flower Mound PD, responded on this scenario and took care of each other. We had been capable of resolve what was a really hazardous scenario with no crucial accidents to any individual. I’d additionally wish to thank all of the businesses who offered help, together with Lewisville, Highland Village, Denton County, and Coppell, in addition to the Texas Rangers – who shall be investigating the officer-involved taking pictures – and our federal companions from FBI-Dallas.


Source link