Main Motorbike Accident In Duncanville This Afternoon
On Could 7, 2021 at roughly 4:14 PM Duncanville Police Officers have been dispatched
to a serious accident on the intersection of W. Wheatland Rd. and Santa Fe Tr. involving a
bike. The bike rider was discovered mendacity within the roadway affected by
potential life-threatening accidents.
Paramedics of the Duncanville Hearth Division rendered assist on the scene previous to
transporting the affected person to Charlton Methodist Hospital the place he was pronounced
deceased by hospital workers at roughly 4:56 PM.
The identify of the bike rider just isn’t being launched presently pending notification of
subsequent of kin.
The opposite driver stopped as required by regulation. No prices are anticipated stemming from
The Duncanville Police Division implores drivers to decelerate, obey visitors legal guidelines so
everybody can all have a protected Mom’s Day Weekend on the roadways.
Share The Street: Look Twice For Bikes
Regardless of much less visitors on the highway in 2020 and a 2% discount in bike crashes, security officers are alarmed by a 17% enhance in Texas bike fatalities in comparison with 2019.
On common, a motorcyclist is killed in a crash on Texas roads every single day—final 12 months 482 died.
Motorcyclists account for 12% of all visitors fatalities statewide. In 2020, within the 7,481 bike crashes in Texas, 1,856 motorcyclists have been critically injured and 482 have been killed.
This month marks the beginning of probably the most harmful time of 12 months for motorcyclists: Could by way of October, when 6 in 10 of all motorcyclist fatalities occur. Even minor collisions might be catastrophic for bikes as a result of they lack security options frequent to different automobiles.
The Texas Transportation Institute (TTI) experiences that deadly crashes between motorcyclists and drivers usually happen when drivers misjudge the bike’s distance and velocity and make left turns in entrance of an oncoming motorcyclist.
With all of this in thoughts, TxDOT has these security suggestions for drivers to guard motorcyclists and forestall crashes:
- Take further care when making a left flip. It’s most secure to let the bike cross to keep away from handing over entrance of the rider.
- Pay particular consideration at intersections. Practically one in three bike fatalities occurs at a roadway intersection.
- Give driving your full consideration. Even a momentary distraction, reminiscent of answering a telephone name or altering the radio station, can have lethal penalties.
- Look twice when altering lanes. Examine mirrors, test blind spots, and at all times use flip alerts.
- Give motorcyclists room when passing them. Transfer over to the passing lane and don’t crowd the motorcyclist’s full lane.
- Keep again. For those who’re behind a bike, at all times preserve a protected following distance. When a motorcyclist downshifts as an alternative of making use of the brake to decelerate, it may possibly catch drivers off guard since there are not any brake lights to sign diminished velocity.
- Decelerate. Obey posted velocity limits and drive to circumstances.