Desk of Contents[Hide][Show]
Sugar waxing is likely one of the few makes use of for white sugar I can get behind. (Sugar scrubs are available in at an in depth second!) Right here’s tips on how to make your personal pure DIY sugar wax and use it for easy, radiant pores and skin.
What Is Sugaring?
Sugaring, or sugar waxing, is the method of making use of heat, melted sugar to the pores and skin, then shortly eradicating it and taking physique hair with it. It’s completely different than sizzling wax, which makes use of precise wax. Sugaring is taken into account simpler and safer to do at dwelling than different waxing strategies. It does require the hair to be at the least one-quarter inch lengthy to work, however that’s not so laborious to perform with a little bit negligence.
You possibly can safely use sugar wax on most areas of pores and skin, together with the legs, arms, underarms, and bikini line. Like with different waxing and hair removing strategies although, by no means apply it to broken pores and skin.
The Advantages of Sugar Wax
Should you’re going to remove body hair, sugaring could be a good way to do it. As I discussed earlier than, it’s extra user-friendly than sizzling waxing with precise wax. Sugaring additionally lasts longer than shaving (as much as 6 weeks!) and isn’t as more likely to trigger pores and skin irritation. It doesn’t take quite a lot of time, particularly when you get the grasp of it, and you’ll have easy pores and skin for weeks on finish.
Sugaring additionally helps exfoliate by eradicating useless pores and skin cells, leaving easy, glowing pores and skin behind. In contrast to waxing, which removes hair in opposition to the grain of the hair follicle, sugaring goes with the pure path of the hair. This helps cut back ache, irritation, hair breakage, and ingrown hairs. Over time, hair could develop into finer and thinner.
A Be aware of Warning
Sugar waxing isn’t for everybody and there are some precautions. In fact, make certain that the melted sugar isn’t too sizzling earlier than making use of. A sticky sugar burn is the very last thing we would like! Additionally, individuals with sure pores and skin situations, like eczema, or taking sure drugs shouldn’t do sugaring.
Some meds, like sure antibiotics, can make the skin much thinner than regular, making it inclined to ripping. Should you’re uncertain you may at all times do a patch take a look at or seek the advice of your doctor first.
Sugar Wax Pores and skin
Step one is to purchase or make your personal sugar wax (see recipe beneath). As soon as that’s taken care of, it’s time to get began. You’ll wish to prep the pores and skin space that you just wish to wax. This is a vital first step as a result of with out it we threat pores and skin irritation and/or the sugaring could not take away the hair.
Prep the Pores and skin for Sugar Waxing
You wish to ensure that the pores and skin is totally clear and dry. If there are useless pores and skin cells and particles then the sugar will simply keep on with that and not likely pull out the hair. You possibly can dry brush or exfoliate the day earlier than to ensure there’s nothing in the best way. Exfoliating proper earlier than sugaring could trigger pores and skin irritation.
As soon as the pores and skin is all clear you may apply a skinny layer of non-GMO cornstarch or arrowroot powder. Make sure you brush off any further. This helps do away with any extra moisture or oil.
So to recap:
- Exfoliate the day earlier than (optionally available).
- Wash and dry the pores and skin.
- Apply a skinny layer of powder.
Sugar Waxing Methodology
- As soon as your pores and skin is prepared, use a flat picket stick (like a fats popsicle stick), or your fingers to unfold a skinny layer of the nice and cozy sugar in the wrong way of the best way the hair is rising. The sugar needs to be a thicky syrupy consistency, much like raw honey. Don’t unfold the layer too thick or it could not take away the hair.
- If utilizing your fingers, roll the sugar right into a ball between your thumb and fingertips, then press and unfold it into the pores and skin. Spend a bit urgent and “molding” the sugar wax into the pores and skin so it actually adheres to the hair.
- Pull the pores and skin above the sugared space taught with one hand, then use the opposite to shortly flick the sugar down in the identical path the hair is rising. You’re going to drag it in the wrong way of the best way you utilized it.
- If there’s a little bit little bit of stinging (there normally is the primary time), then apply stress to the world together with your hand after waxing to assist relieve the discomfort.
- Unfold one other layer of sugar in a brand new space and repeat the method till you’ve sugared wherever you wish to.
- Afterward, apply lotion or oil to moisturize the pores and skin. You too can put some aloe vera gel on earlier than making use of the lotion for further pores and skin soothing.
Sugar wax is water-soluble, so it’s simpler than some strategies to scrub up. All you want is a few heat water afterward and also you’re achieved.
I sat within the rest room with my leg propped up on the tub whereas I did my legs, however you can simply do that within the bed room, or wherever you’re feeling snug. The mess stays pretty contained and doesn’t require being within the bathe to do it.
DIY Sugar Wax Recipe
This straightforward recipe solely calls for 3 components and is a good way to get smoother, exfoliated legs.
Mix the components over medium-high warmth, stirring consistently. Proceed to warmth and stir till the combination has simmered for about 4 minutes and has simply began to show a golden colour.
Instantly take away from the warmth (don’t simply flip off the burner) and pour it right into a glass mason jar that’s been calmly oiled. The oil prevents the sugar wax from sticking like glue to the jar.
As soon as it’s cooled down, however nonetheless heat, about half-hour, it’s prepared to make use of.
Take a golf ball measurement piece of sugar (or a little bit smaller) and roll it between your fingertips to knead it. Use to sugar your legs, arms, or different areas of pores and skin as desired.
By no means sugar wax pores and skin that’s reduce, bruised, irritated, or in any other case broken.
Have you ever ever waxed earlier than? Are you up for attempting it? Depart us a remark and tell us!