Preserve Texas Stunning has acknowledged the Metropolis of Mansfield as certainly one of 10 winners of the 2021 Governor’s Neighborhood Achievement Awards for excellent neighborhood enchancment, an award given yearly by KTB and its accomplice, the Texas Division of Transportation.
Mansfield will be part of the opposite communities in sharing $2 million in panorama funding from TxDOT. The Metropolis’s $270,000 share shall be used for a yet-to-be decided landscaping mission.
The award is likely one of the extra coveted annual environmental and neighborhood enchancment honors in Texas. A neighborhood’s environmental program is judged by a gaggle of numerous, multi-sector judges on achievements in seven environmental and neighborhood enchancment areas: public consciousness and outreach, environmental training, beautification and neighborhood enchancment, litter prevention and cleanup, stable waste administration, litter legislation and unlawful dumping enforcement.
In 2021, the Mansfield neighborhood embraced the challenges ensuing from the pandemic and took part in actions equivalent to:
- Month-to-month Family Hazardous Waste assortment occasions, and annual Chunk Your Junk and
Shred Days by way of the Metropolis’s Environmental Assortment Middle whereas following security protocols
- Digital academic outreach alternatives had been offered for residents and college students about beautification, recycling, litter prevention and water conservation. In comparison with lessons and occasions that had been held in-person pre-COVID, participation for digital training elevated 284 %
- Via the Mansfield Volunteer Program 770 volunteers labored 63 cleanup initiatives that eliminated 88.44 tons of trash whereas sustaining security protocols
- The Mansfield Backyard Membership volunteered to take care of the Metropolis demonstration and butterfly gardens through staggered work schedules and restricted group sizes
- The Preserve Mansfield Stunning Fee maintained the Undertake-a-Avenue program and promoted cleanups
“Mansfield is proud to obtain this award from a company that signifies our want in Texas to maintain our state and communities stunning,” says Mayor Michael Evans. “Our residents have proven us repeatedly that we’re environmentally conscious; that they are going to work laborious and carefully to make sure our parks, greenspaces and waterways are clear and freed from litter. We’re grateful that the state has acknowledged us for these efforts.”
“What units Mansfield aside is its neighborhood spirit,” says Metropolis Supervisor Joe Smolinski. “This spirit is exemplified finest by way of the collaborative efforts of the Metropolis, its volunteer program, faculty district, faith-based organizations and teams who work collectively to assist Preserve Mansfield Stunning, all whereas experiencing a world pandemic. Despite the fact that we had been confronted with going digital, our neighborhood proved that COVID-19 wouldn’t forestall all of the beautification efforts that go on all through town annually.”